DECEMBER 1, 2017
Posting - EHS Manager:
Innovative, world leader focused on products and complex solutions for both industrial and consumer chemical applications within diverse markets, is seeking an Industrial Engineer with Safety Management expertise to own and develop the EHS program for the firm, based in Los Angeles.
Full-lifecycle responsibilities include compliance, training, safety, and all other aspects of strategic EHS. Collaborative team members include of world-renowned chemists, scientists, environmentalists, and talented production leaders who together provide a continuous learning and challenging growth environment within this client firm! Compensation is DOE.
>Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline
>CIS and/or CHP
>Five plus years of experience as an EHS Manager within a scientific or chemical firm
>Outstanding communication, negotiation, and team building skills
Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration to: Barbara Healy, TEEMA Solutions Group, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: DECEMBER 15, 2017
Associate Industrial Hygienist – Occupational Health Branch, California Department of Public Health
The Occupational Health Branch at the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) will soon be filling an Associate Industrial Hygienist civil service position located in Richmond, California (SF Bay Area). The position will focus on protecting first responders, other workers, and community members from exposures due to chemical releases and other disasters.
Civil service jobs require a 2-step process: 1) apply to get on a CDPH civil service hiring list for a classification for which you are eligible; and 2) wait to be notified of vacancies for that classification, then apply for that specific job and the interview process conducted by the hiring supervisor.
To apply for the CDPH Associate IH list:
· Go to https://calcareers.ca.gov/JOBSGEN/8H1AR02.PDF
· Follow instructions exactly; call Human Resources if you have questions about the process.
· This process is not quick, but it is the only way you can get a CDPH job if you are not already in a lateral civil service classification, have worked previously for the State, etc.).
· More information is available at https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/HRB/Pages/HumanResourcesBranch.aspx
· Upcoming exam application deadline – December 15 (& approx. every 2 months after)
· Please contact Barbara Materna, PhD, CIH, Chief, Occupational Health Branch, CDPH at email@example.com or (510) 620-5730 to let her know you are interested in this position.
December 2017- Job Postings